Friday, November 11, 2011

Madame Fromage at L'etage



Kittens, on Tuesday, November 8, at 8 p.m., I’ll be part of a live podcast from L’etage, the cabaret bar above Beau Monde’s cozy creperie in South Philly. Come join me, won’t you? Wear something sparkly?

Or stay home and listen to the show on Used Wigs, a local site devoted to "quality workaday distractions." As a distraction, I’ll be sharing some dramatic cheeses as part of my act – cheeses with wild stories, cheeses wrapped in leaves, cheeses made from faraway islands inhabited by special sheep. And by special, I do mean special.

If you have ever wanted to hear fairytales and eat mouthwatering cheese simultaneously, before bed, this is your chance. I will feed you delicate things. You will never be the same.

L'etage, 8 p.m. Nov. 8, 2011
624 South 6th StreetPhiladelphia, PA 19147
Admission: Free (please RSVP here)

To be clear, Used Wigs hosts monthly podcasts at L'etage. I am simply a guest. Many thanks to Russ Starke, host and visionary.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Madame Fromage,

    I'm reading a novel at the moment and the characters discuss how they would be served a piece of Minnesota cheddar next to their slice of apple pie when they were children. The characters are studying at Brown and I don't think that they are both from the Mid-West. I have never been served cheese with apple pie! Why has this died out?

    Yours,

    The Long-Legged Antipodean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long Legged,
    You are about to discover a beautiful combination. Next time you eat a piece of apple pie, drape a few slices of really good cheddar over the top -- try a morsel of Montgomery's, Cabot, or Grafton. In the Midwest, this practice is still heartily endorsed, and I know of at least one cheesemonger who eats pie this way, usually on his birthday. BTW, which novel makes the reference. Is it Franzen's latest book?

    ReplyDelete